Dallas Non-Immigrant Visa Attorney

Results-Driven Visa Assistance in Dallas-Fort Worth and the Surrounding Counties 

If you wish to study in, work in, or otherwise visit the United States, you will need the appropriate non-immigrant visa. These visas allow you to enter the United States on a temporary basis for a specific purpose. 

At The Law Office of Yovanna Vargas, we are passionate about helping you access opportunities in the United States. Our Dallas non-immigrant visa lawyer has a deep understanding of U.S. immigration law and can advise if there is a solution that accomplishes your goals. Our team will work closely with you throughout the visa application process and do everything possible to achieve your desired outcome.

Contact us online or call (214) 974-3793 to discuss your case with us today. We offer our legal services in English and Spanish.


Explore Your Non-Immigrant Visa Options

Non-immigrant visas are available for a wide variety of business-oriented, educational, employment, and recreational purposes. While some of these visas do allow opportunities to seek green cards through adjustments of status, others do not. We can review your long-term immigration goals and advise what visas may help achieve your objectives. If you have family, we can also determine if your spouse and unmarried children can accompany you to the United States.

Our Dallas non-immigrant visa attorney can assist you with:

  • H-1B Visas for Specialty Occupations. This employment-based visa is available to professionals whose work requires specialized knowledge and at least a bachelor’s degree or a foreign equivalent. To obtain this visa, you must have an offer of employment from a U.S.-based employer, and that employer must demonstrate that a domestic worker could not fill your position. This visa is extremely competitive, as only 65,000 visas are issued each year. The H-1B visa is initially valid for 3 years but can be renewed for up to 3 additional years. H-1B visa holders are permitted to seek lawful permanent residency while in the United States.
  • L-1A/L-1B Visas for Intracompany Transferees. L-1 visas allow multinational companies to expand their operations into the United States. Beneficiaries of these visas can enter the country to develop or serve the needs of a U.S.-based office, branch, or subsidiary. L-A visas are intended for managers and executives and can be valid for up to 7 years, while L-1B visas are reserved for employees with specialized knowledge and can last for up to 5 years. You must have worked for your sponsoring employer for at least 1 year in the preceding 3 years before applying. L-1 visa holders can apply for green cards while in the country.
  • E-2 Visas for Treaty Investors. To obtain this visa, you must be a citizen of a country that maintains a trade treaty with the United States. Fortunately, many countries participate. You must also be willing to invest (in most cases) at least $100,000 in a U.S.-based business. E-2 visa holders can travel in and out of the country and work for the company they invested in. While you cannot seek a green card under this non-immigrant visa, you can effectively remain in the United States indefinitely so long as you continue to maintain your investment and meet all applicable requirements.
  • F-1/M-1 Visas for Students. If you plan to pursue educational opportunities in the United States, you will need to first apply and be accepted to a qualifying academic institution. F-1 visas cover schools, colleges, conservatories, seminaries, while M-1 visas are meant for vocational programs. You must remain enrolled as a full-time student during your time in the U.S., and you must prove you have the resources to finance your stay and education. You can pursue a green card while in the U.S. on a student visa, but you must also establish an intention to depart the country once you complete your studies and your temporary visa expires.
  • K-1/K-3 Visas for Fiancés. K visas allow foreign fiancés and spouses of U.S. citizens to enter the country before they receive their family-based green cards. If you have not yet married your U.S. citizen fiancé, you can use the K-1 visa to enter the United States so long as the marriage occurs within 90 days of your entering the country. If you have already married your U.S. citizen fiancé but did so outside the country, the K-3 visa can allow you to enter the U.S. while you wait to adjust your status.
  • O-1 Visas for Workers with Extraordinary Abilities. If you need to enter the U.S. to participate in an event involving the arts, sciences, athletics, business, or education, you may be able to efficiently obtain an O-1 visa if you can demonstrate extraordinary ability in your chosen field. You can only obtain an O-1 visa if you have an offer of employment from a U.S.-based employer, and the visa will generally only remain valid for the duration of the job or event. Though the O-1 visa can be renewed an unlimited number of times, you will need a new or different visa if you wish to work for a different employer. Meeting the eligibility requirements for the O-1 visa can be challenging, as you will need to prove you have been the subject of acclaim and recognition in your field.
  • J-1 Visas for Exchange Visitors. This student visa allows you to participate in U.S.-based study- and work-exchange programs. The visa will remain valid for the duration of your program, but once you have completed your training, you will be required to return to your home country for at least 2 years before you can apply to return to the United States.
  • B-1 Visas for Business Visitors or Trainees. A B-1 visa allows you to conduct certain types of business in the United States. For example, you could travel to the United States to negotiate a contract, participate in a work conference, or settle a loved one’s estate. You cannot pursue long-term, U.S.-based employment with this visa.
  • B-2 Visas for Tourism Visitors. The B-2 visa allows you to vacation or visit family and friends in the United States. This visa also allows you to attend events and seek U.S.-based medical treatment. You cannot attempt to apply for a green card while in the country on this visa.

If you are a citizen of a qualifying country, you may be able to temporarily travel to the U.S. for tourism and business purposes without a visa under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). Visitors on the VWP may generally stay in the country for up to 90 days if they meet certain requirements. Our Dallas non-immigrant visa lawyer can evaluate your qualifications and determine whether you are eligible to travel on the VWP. 

Review your non-immigrant visa options today. Schedule an initial consultation with our team at The Law Office of Yovanna Vargas 

by calling (214) 974-3793 or contacting us online.



Immigration Attorneys
Dedicated to Your Case
Schedule Your Consultation
with Our Team Today